Sister Carol's Mustardy Cauliflower
Cauliflower 1 large broken into roughly smaller florets
Butter 2 tbs
Onion 1 small, finely diced
Fennel powder 2 tsp
Sister Carol's Mustard 1 tbs
Jalapeno 1, de-seeded and finely diced
Heavy cream 3/4 cup + 2 tsp
Aged cheddar 6 oz, coarsely grated
1. Steam cauliflower over boiling water for 5 minutes until just softening and set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 400 Degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Butter your casserole dish.
4. In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, saute onion until light browning begins (about 8 minutes)
5. Add jalapeno and cook for another 4 minutes.
6. Put steamed cauliflower in buttered casserole dish.
7. Add fennel powder, Sister Carol's Mustard and heavy cream and let this reduce for 1 minute.
8. Add half the amount of cheese (3 oz), Stir until combined.
9. Pour sauce over cauliflower dish and top with remaining cheese.
10. Bake for 8 minutes and pull out to cool for a few minutes before serving. It will be very hot but delicious!